Sunday, August 23, 2009

Amr Khalid: Quran Stories - Episode 1

Part 2 of Amr Khalid's show from last Ramdan (Quran Stories) !

I super enjoyed this show from last Ramadan (I watched it on YouTube a couple of months ago though, not during Ramadan). I love stories so much, especially from the Quran because they all have morals and lessons we can learn and reflect on. There is an aya in the Quran that says each person can find their archetypes in these stories.

An archetype is an original model of a person, ideal example, or a prototype after which others are copied, patterned, or emulated; a symbol universally recognized by all. In psychology, an archetype is a model of a person, personality, or behavior.

In the analysis of personality, the term archetype is often broadly used to refer to

  1. a stereotype -- personality type observed multiple times, especially an oversimplification of such a type; or
  2. an epitome -- personality type exemplified, especially the "greatest" such examples.
I still don't know who I am though lol. I hope I'll realize it one day.

Here's the link to the first episode in HD. Amr Khalid starts out by reflecting on the importance of Ramdan to us Muslims, then he relates the story of Prophet Moses Peace Be Upon Him.

The first thing I noticed about the show this year is the incredible effort at relating the stories to your minds eye by the use of animation as well as telling the story at the location of where it occurred rather than just sitting in a studio. Quite cool.

I'll post the link to each episode on here everyday.

Amr Khalid: Quran Stories - Episode 1

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates