Saturday, December 12, 2009

Icky toilets

Have you ever entered a toilet in a Muslim country and found yourself on the verge of collapsing from the horror of the sight that is before? I know, I know ... I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach just thinking about it and I apologize if I caused any more sick feelings in the pit of stomachs out there. However, this is a very important subject in Islam. Cleanliness in Islam is VERY important. That is why we perform the Wudu before prayer, and we purify ourselves with water after certain acts we do as human beings.

Yet, I can't help but be amazed (and I don't mean amazed in a good way) at the way some toilets are used by Muslims. It's horrible, it's disgusting and it's sick. Do they not know that putting harm in a person's way is a sin? Do they not know the etiquette that has been taught to us by our Prophet Peace Be Upon Him when going to the toilet? Do they not know how important it is to be clean and pure?

Even going to the toilet can be a way of getting 7asanat (good deeds) if performed in the correct Islamic way, and yet can also end up being a saye2a (sin) when done in a wrong and harmful way.

Like I said in the previous post, Islam is more than just the 5 pillars (i.e: shahada, prayer, fast, zaka, hajj) but it encompasses every aspect of the life, even going to the toilet! The following video elaborates more on the topic. I apologize if anyone found this post and/or the video a bit icky, but it truly is a problem that needs to be addressed. InshaAllah people will begin realizing just how important this topic is, and teach themselves as well as their children the proper way of using toilets.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates